Homes for all - Save our iconic wildlife
In response to a housing summit of late 2022 the Queensland Government has just released a draft update to the South East Queensland Regional Plan.
The koala, owls, gliders, quolls and many other precious species are at threat of extinction in SEQ if we continue on the current path of urban sprawl development, destroying and fragmenting their habitat. We must ensure the rush to build new housing doesn't come at the expense of remnant forest and wetland habitat.
We are calling on the Queensland State Government to take urgent action to protect our iconic species to ensure their survival for future generations.
- learn more about the plan
- read the Best Practice Regional Planning for SEQ report (PDF 3mb)
- read the Holding The Line - Reversing Biodiversity Decline report (PDF 6mb)
- sign our petition to the Premier
- see other ways to get involved like sharing on social media and attending campaign events