Make a submission
As every voice counts, we are urging our supporters to make a submission to the Minister in response to the draft ShapingSEQ 2023 Update.
You can do this in the following ways:
- Make an easy submission using the template on the right of this page. It will only take 1 minute.
- You can also add something about what you love and want to see protected... Is there a patch of forest near you that has koalas? A local area slated to be developed, that should instead be restored? Are you a keen bird watcher? Include it.
- Make your own formal submission:
The submission process will remain open until 11:59pm on 20 September 2023. Please read the requirements for a properly made submission.
You can also give feedback unofficially by answering 4 simple polls on the State Development site.
The State Govt is also holding public consultation events, and you can book a meeting with a planner online. If you have looked at the SEQ plan and have some questions, these events will be really valuable to go to. They will also form part of the feedback, so they are another way to raise your concerns and get clarification in person. Find out more here.
A public campaign is critical to make sure political decision makers know that Queenslanders care deeply about this. We must work together to raise up our voices for our wildlife.
- Wed 6 Sept, 6-8pm, Brisbane West, hosted by local ACF & THECA RSVP HERE
- Thur 7 Sept, 7-8pm, Sunshine Coast, ONLINE - RSVP HERE
- Sat 9 Sept, Beerwah, hosted by SCEC & OSCAR - RSVP HERE
- Tue 12 Sept, SEQ wide, ONLINE, RSVP HERE
We are working collaboratively with Sunshine Coast Environment Council (SCEC), Gold Coast Environment Council (GECKO), and Darling Downs Environment Council (DDEC) on Homes for All, and we invite any other interested organisations and individuals to work with us.