Sign the petition: Cut emissions, create 87,000 new jobs
A new landmark report from Accenture and QCC outlines how Queensland CAN cut climate pollution by 60% before 2030 and create 87,000 climate solution jobs around the state.
We’re taking this expert roadmap to our elected representatives and calling on them to join us, by saying:
- Queensland CAN be a leader in climate action
- Queensland CAN be a renewable energy superpower
- Queensland CAN create 87,000 jobs in the industries of the future
- Queensland CAN maintain our wonderful way of life
- Queensland CAN protect the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef and the natural wonders of the Sunshine State
Our state is the biggest contributor to climate impacts, producing 32% of Australia’s emissions. Our communities and ecosystems are already facing devastating impacts from climate-induced disasters like droughts, flooding and coral bleaching.
Queensland has a lot at stake when it comes to climate impacts, but if we make the right choices, we also have a lot to gain.
That’s why we need Queenslanders to help build the pressure on our decision makers by signing the petition.
Find out more about the Qld Climate Action Plan roadmap on the QCC blog here.
And check out the 4 page summary here: