This World Environment Day, stand up for nature by emailing the new Environment Minister!
The current state of our environment demands immediate attention and decisive action. That's why we are rallying our supporters to email the Queensland Environment Minister, urging them to prioritise critical environmental issues. Together, we can ensure our concerns are heard and acted upon. Our collective efforts can make a significant impact in safeguarding our natural resources and securing a sustainable future for generations to come.
Here's how you can help.
Email the Environment Minister
Use the form on the right side of this page to send a personalised email to the Queensland Environment Minister, expressing your concerns and outlining the key issues you believe require urgent attention.
You can send our message or write your own, using these points as a guide:
- The need for stronger climate emission reduction targets inline with the current climate science, aiming for a reduction of at least 60% from 2005 levels by 2030
- The importance of considering the climate impacts of new coal and gas projects in their environmental assessments
- Greater protections for endangered species and critical habitats, particularly addressing the issue of rampant land clearing
- The need for Queensland’s protected area estate to be doubled, to 17%
- The need for the establishment of a strong independent Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to ensure effective environmental stewardship
Spread the Word
Encourage your friends, family, and colleagues to take action too! Share this call to action on your social media accounts or email those who share our commitment to environmental conservation.
Your voice matters, and by collectively advocating for change, we can make a significant impact on the decisions that shape our environment.
Thank you for standing with us in this crucial endeavour. Together, we can make a difference and protect the natural beauty of Queensland for future generations.