Digital Campaigner - Climate and Energy
Come and be our Digital Campaigner- Climate & Energy
You are an innovative and strategic thinker who is determined to achieve change on climate policy. You have delivered digital communications that have been demonstrated to engage your audience and inspire them to take action, and you know how communications fit within a broader theory of change.
You are energised by working in the fast-paced world of campaigning and media engagement, and have the skills and experience to deal with the complexity of modern social change campaigning and find the right message to make change happen.
You’re a storyteller who can use words, visuals and digital platforms to craft a narrative, and use research and evidence to choose the frame and language that will reach target audiences.
You enjoy collaborating with others, and you believe in working within the environment movement to achieve common goals. You have the confidence to back your decisions, and the wisdom to incorporate the insights of your team.
Location: Brisbane (remote working will be considered).
Hours: Full time (38 hours per week). Flexibility in working outside standard office hours will occasionally be required
Responsible to: QCC Director
Term of employment: 12-month contract, with 3-month probationary period
Remuneration: $72,360- $80,297 per annum (SCHADS Level 4.1 - 5.1) depending on experience, plus 9.25% superannuation and 17.5% holiday leave loading
The Digital Campaigner will craft QCC’s campaign messages and campaign activities to accelerate Queensland’s transition away from polluting coal and gas power to 100% clean renewable energy, and to build people power to demand stronger State and Federal action to address climate change.
You will play a lead role in developing and deploying digital strategies and tactics that resonate with target audiences.
You will find innovative ways to support the rapid growth of campaign digital channels while creating new digital assets, and making sure we reach and mobilise the most people possible to have the biggest impact.
Although this is a 12-month contract, QCC aims to secure funding to continue this role as our climate campaign evolves. The Digital Campaigner will report to the Director and work closely with the campaign team and QCC’s member groups and allies. Your major areas of responsibility will be:
- Developing and delivering digital campaign strategies and tactics to achieve climate campaign goals and objectives
- Producing communications materials for a variety of campaign tactics online and in the world
- Management of the QCC website and social media channels
- Managing QCCs media engagement and generating media coverage
- Managing relationships with external digital and content consultants
- Supporting QCCs members and staff to implement coordinated digital strategies and tactics
- Ensuring QCC staff and members are kept up to date with shifts in technology, policy and audience behaviour to inform campaign strategy development and tactical deployment
- Jointly manage the campaign budget and produce progress reports as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least two years’ experience delivering digital campaigns that have helped to achieve real world change
- Demonstrated experience developing strategies and tactics across a range of digital tools, such as content management systems, email, social media, online conferencing and peer to peer messaging, and proven ability to master new digital tools
- Demonstrated success in growing support for campaigns online using paid and organic methods
- Experience working with CRMs or mass membership communication systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written and visual communications skills, including design skills
- Solid experience managing and analysing data to inform campaign strategies and rapid response campaigning
- Ability to stay abreast of and interpret a rapidly shifting and highly contested media political environment that pertains to climate policy
- Demonstrated commitment to protecting our climate and natural environment.
Applicants who meet some, but not all, of the selection criteria are still encouraged to apply.
QCC aims to be as diverse as the country we are trying to protect and is an equal opportunity employer. First Nations candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please apply through our Ethical Jobs listing here