HR Sub-Committee Member
Executive HR Sub-committee Member
- Location: Anywhere in Queensland
Hours: 2-6 hours per month
- Regular attendance at a monthly HR Sub-Committee meeting is required
- Responsible to: HR Sub-Committee and QCC Executive
- Term of commitment: 12 month commitment preferable
Queensland Conservation Council is looking for an experienced human resources professional to join our HR sub-committee. The sub-committee develops internal HR policy, manages conflicts and grievances, and aids in hiring decisions.
As a member of this sub-committee you would be working together with members of the executive, developing our internal policies, and providing your advice and expertise.
This is an excellent role for anyone experienced in HR policy and procedures looking to use their skills to help support the conservation movement.
Note that this is not a QCC executive role. As such you are not subject to the usual conditions and liabilities of an executive member. This is also an unpaid, voluntary position. Any costs that you may incur in the course of your volunteering will be able to be reimbursed subject to prior approval.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Worked previously in a human resources role, or in a role that would provide similar knowledge and insights. E.g. manager, union organiser
- Has strong knowledge of workplace law.
- Has great knowledge of HR policy, experience writing and implementing HR policy.
- Enjoys working as part of a small team with a mix of self-directed and team-based work.
QCC aims to be as diverse as the country we are trying to protect and is an equal opportunity employer. First Nations candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applicants who meet some but not all of these criteria are encouraged to apply.
QUEENSLAND CONSERVATION COUNCIL
We are the peak body Queensland’s environmental movement, representing over 50 community environment groups across the state. We have been working to protect, conserve and sustain Queensland’s environment since 1969.
OUR EXECUTIVE TEAM
QCC’s Executive Committee (often called a “board”) is responsible for overseeing the strategic and financial direction of the organisation. The QCC Executive is made up of volunteers who are elected annually by our member groups.
The HR sub-committee is composed of the Chair of the Executive, the QCC Director, one general executive member, and one staff member.
If you wish to speak to someone about joining the committee please get in touch with the Executive Chair, Emily Kaine. [email protected] using the subject line: Executive HR Sub-committee Member (Voluntary) enquiry via EthicalJobs | 0476 249 366.