Queensland Conservation Council
Brisbane - 5 days per week - $80-100K per annum
Do you want to use your industry expertise to massively reduce Queensland’s carbon emissions? Are you ready to use your knowledge and skills to address climate change? Help the Queensland Conservation Council make the technical, financial and strategic case for Queensland replace dirty coal fired power stations with 100% renewable energy by 2030.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Guide the strategy and produce the research that drives our PowerUp Qld campaign to replace coal fired power stations with 100% renewable energy.
- Research the real story of what financial and technical risks associated with coal-fired power stations.
- Shift the narrative in Queensland on coal fired power stations by producing reports, government submissions and strategic analysis
- Build relationships, gather insights and advocate to relevant stakeholders in industry and government.
- Make the technical, financial and strategic case for Queensland transitioning to 100% renewable energy by 2030
Our ideal candidate is an energy industry expert, who knows how to uncover and explain the true state of our coal-fired power stations. You might have an engineering background, financial experience, or just extensive applied experience working in the sector. You are credible, thorough, strategic, and determined that Queensland receives the benefits we can gain from rapidly transitioning to renewable energy.
How to apply:
Email Dave for the full position description: [email protected] Applications must include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria plus your resume and contact details for two referees. Applications are due by 9am Monday 1st March.