Queensland Conservation Council is looking for a Digital Coordinator with an organiser’s heart to help us build our brand, create a vibrant and engaged online community, and, most critically, amplify the incredible stories of our campaigns, our member groups and our supporters. You will come into a growing, vibrant, increasingly successful organisation, and unlock our underdeveloped digital potential. In doing so, you’ll be essential to action on climate, expanding national parks, and saving threatened species.
You’ll have the autonomy to implement the changes you discover that will help us grow, and the support to experiment with new processes and techniques, working with 5-6 content-creating campaigners/fundraisers/organisers who have all decided that this role is what they need to help them succeed.
We are looking for a creative, empathetic, detail-oriented digital leader with a proven track record in acquisition and engagement of supporters, and the ability to prioritise competing interests. You will drive a strong narrative in our digital work on the importance of taking action to address climate change and protect nature in Queensland.
- Location: Location flexible (preference for Brisbane-accessible)
- Hours: Full time (negotiable down to 4 days a week). Flexibility in working outside standard office hours will occasionally be required
- Term of employment: Twelve month contract, with option to extend
- Remuneration: $84,430- $92,250 per annum full time salary, plus 10% superannuation and 17.5% holiday leave loading (SCHADS Award Level 5.1- 6.1)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Coach and inspire every QCC staff member to build on their responsibility to become better digital power builders.
- Shape the digital components of our powerful campaigns to double national parks, power up Queensland as a renewable superpower, and demand climate action now. You won't have to write the content, but you'll get to sharpen it.
- Manage digital engagement across multiple channels (website, email, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, etc).
- Maximise the potential of our CRM, and the power it can bring to our campaigns and organising.
- Bring innovative new ideas and channels into QCC’s suite of tools, such as integrating relational SMS.
- Grow and maintain QCC digital supporters list, and test and track strategies for supporter growth.
- Grow social media following and engagement, and ensure digital content is consistent with QCC values and strategic plan.
- Create a culture of inclusive, safe and powerful digital engagement in a world that needs it.
- Manage all aspects of QCC’s website, and a consistent visual brand for QCC across multiple channels.
- Previous experience as a digital coordinator or social media and/or community manager
- Demonstrated creativity in digital engagement and ability to test and adapt new engagement tactics
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Experience with online and email marketing tools and web-based technologies
- Experience growing, maintaining and maximising the use of CRMs like Nationbuilder
- Exceptional organisational and time-management skills
- Experience training and coaching staff to become better digital practitioners
- Demonstrated commitment to protecting our climate and natural environment
Valued but Non-Essential:
- Previous experience in organising online or offline
- Able to demonstrate success managing paid digital strategies
- Previous experience of using Google Analytics and a track record of increasing website visitors
- Previous experience of developing and implementing supporter journeys
To apply, please complete the form on Ethical Jobs.