Climate Action Doorknockers
- Undertake strategic, high visibility and impactful work
- Short term, intensive roles for 3 months
- Flexible hours, working out in the community
- Located in Brisbane, working with a diverse, talented and energetic team
The role of the Climate Action Doorknocker is to get thousands of people taking action to help shift the dial on climate change. You will work with our Climate team to engage people to participate in QCC’s campaign for Climate Action Now and Powerup Qld campaigns.
You will primarily be on the streets and out in the community, undertaking doorknocking, hosting market stalls, handing out flyers and running other hi-impact and hi-visibility activities.
- Communication skills: Must be confident to approach people in their homes or in public spaces, and communicate a clear message and ask. Ability and confidence to speak and communicate well in person, on the phone, or through messaging applications.
- Mobilisation or volunteer engagement skills: Experience in engaging and mobilising people to take action, and ability to support volunteers undertaking Climate Action Now actions.
- Interpersonal skills: Relate well to all kinds of people from different backgrounds; builds appropriate rapport; listens and uses diplomacy and tact.
- Teamwork: Cooperates and works well with others.
- Integrity: Works effectively with a moderate degree of autonomy and accountability. Self motivated and can demonstrate initiative.
- Digital savvy: Confidence and experience in using, or quickly learning and troubleshooting digital collaboration or engagement tools, like Google Docs, Nationbuilder, systems to send SMS or email.
- Current Drivers License.
A car is not an absolute requirement but access to one would be advantageous, as the position does require significant travel around the community, in particular inner Brisbane suburbs.
Applicants who meet some, but not all, of the selection criteria are still encouraged to apply. Requests for job-sharing or other flexible working arrangements will be considered.
QCC aims to be as diverse as the country we are trying to protect and is an equal opportunity employer. First Nations candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Jen Basham, Climate Action Coordinator [email protected]
For a full position description and to apply, please complete the form on Ethical Jobs.