Campaigner - Climate
Location: Brisbane (remote working will be considered).
Hours: Full time (38 hours per week). Flexibility in working outside standard office hours will occasionally be required
Employer: Queensland Conservation Council Incorporated
Responsible to: QCC Deputy Director
Term of employment: 12-month contract, with 3-month probationary period
Remuneration: $88,757- $92,775 per annum (SCHADS Level 5.1 - 5.3) depending on experience, plus 10% superannuation and 17.5% holiday leave loading. You will also receive Christmas-New Years as additional paid leave on top of four weeks annual leave.
You are an innovative and strategic thinker who is determined to achieve change on climate policy. You have delivered digital communications that have been demonstrated to engage your audience and inspire them to take action, and you know how communications fit within a broader theory of change.
You are energised by working in the fast-paced world of campaigning and media engagement, and have the skills and experience to deal with the complexity of modern social change campaigning and find the right message to make change happen.
You’re a storyteller who can use words, visuals and digital platforms to craft a narrative, and use research and evidence to choose the frame and language that will reach target audiences.
You enjoy collaborating with others, and you believe in working within the environment movement to achieve common goals. You have the confidence to back your decisions, and the wisdom to incorporate the insights of your team.
The Climate Campaigner will craft QCC’s campaign strategies and activities, including developing messages to accelerate Queensland’s transition away from polluting coal and gas and towards 100% clean renewable energy, and to build people power to demand stronger State and Federal action to address climate change.
You will play a lead role in developing and deploying strategies and tactics that resonate with target audiences. You will find innovative ways to support the rapid growth of campaign channels while creating new campaign assets, and making sure we reach and mobilise the most people possible to have the biggest impact.
Although this is a 12-month contract, QCC has consistently secured funding to continue this role as our climate campaign evolves, and we are confident in doing so in the future. The Climate Campaigner will report to the Deputy Director and work closely with the campaign team and QCC’s member groups and allies. Your major areas of responsibility will be:
- Develop and deliver campaign strategies and tactics to achieve climate campaign goals and objectives
- Identify campaign opportunities, and act decisively and strategically to maximise impact
- Engage QCCs members and supporters in climate campaigns and design ladders of engagement to build people power for climate action.
- Develop and advocate for policy solutions; including conducting research, developing messaging and analysing information to support campaign goals
- Develop and maintain networks and relationships with relevant stakeholders, partners and allies
- Represent QCC on climate to external public, media, political and business audiences as required.
- Produce communications materials for a variety of campaign tactics online and in the world
- Provide reports on campaign strategy, approach, plans and progress
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least two years’ experience delivering campaigns that have helped to achieve real world change
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing campaign strategies and tactics, with proven ability to deliver effective campaign actions and utilise digital tools
- Excellent interpersonal, written and visual communications skills, including design skills
- Solid experience managing and analysing data to inform campaign strategies and rapid response campaigning
- Ability to stay abreast of and interpret a rapidly shifting and highly contested media political environment that pertains to climate policy
- Demonstrated commitment to protecting our climate and natural environment.
Applicants who meet some, but not all, of the selection criteria are still encouraged to apply.
QCC aims to be as diverse as the country we are trying to protect and is an equal opportunity employer. First Nations candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please apply using Ethical Jobs link here.