Stand with us in calling on the Palaszczuk government to stop the clearing of koala habitat in Southeast Queensland.
An expert panel report has shown that past efforts to protect the koala, which is Queensland’s official animal emblem, have failed. Up to 80% of the koala population in Southeast Queensland has been lost in just 20 years due to destruction of woodland habitat, traffic issues and domestic dog attacks
The koala now faces the prospect of extinction in the wild in Southeast Queensland.
The State Government needs to take urgent action and immediately:
- implement a moratorium on any clearing in south-east Queensland
- declare the koala ‘Endangered’ in south-east Queensland
- prioritise koala and habitat protection in new planning rules
Send a clear message that more needs to be done urgently to protect our state emblem.
Sign the petition below.2,254 signaturesAdd signature
Wide Bay Burnett Environment Council Inc endorsed 2017-02-27 11:15:38 +1000
Together, let's move Queensland out of the dirty energy past and into the clean energy future.
I'm for a sun-powered Queensland. I want everyone, everywhere to be able to power their lives with clean energy."
I'm joining the Sun-Powered Queensland campaign to call on the Queensland Government to:
- Champion large-scale clean energy projects across our state
- Make our renewable energy target law
- Phase out coal and gas-fired power
- Help people who work in affected industries and their communities prepare for jobs for the future
Pledge your support for a sun-powered Queensland. It's time to shine!
The sun-powered Queensland pledge is supported by 350, Australian Conservation Foundation, Australian Marine Conservation Society, Energetic Communities, GetUp, Queensland Conservation Council and Solar Citizens.